Friday, January 1, 2016

1.1.2016 Happy New Year!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "the plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

What a great verse to start the new year!

So our new year started out just like every other day...



 Our German Shepherd, Elsa, is OBSESSED with her Chuck-it ball. She is like a clock. Wake up, go out do her business, then it is time for ball playing! This happens at least 3-4 times a day. Again, obsessed! It was then time to do the deed that I know everyone dreads this time of year- take down the Christmas decorations! Ugh! I HATE taking down the decorations! It takes hours! But doesn't it feel great when it's all done? Yes, yes it does! My husband hates this task more than me. He actually every year doesn't even want to put anything up just so we don't have to take it all down! But thankfully he was in a giving mood this morning (or he wants something) and helped me take it all down! Isn't he a sweetheart?




 I have NEVER made New Year's resolutions! Last year I made myself a promise that I would give a set amount each and every week to my church. If I missed a week of church I made up for it the next Sunday by doubling up. It was a small goal I set for myself, no one else but me and God needed to know about my promise. I am proud to say I accomplished my goal and feel pretty good about it. I realize it seems like a small thing but if you knew me and the scatterbrained life I lead you would understand what a big deal this really is. I plan on continuing my giving this year and as long as I live. My mother always told me that writing that check first to the church every month made sure that she had enough to get thru until the end of the month. God will provide to those who trust in him to provide.

I have decided this years goal will be to pay off some debt. That means there will be much more at home meals and me starting to cook again. I feel like I have become a bit lazy since we have become a house of just 2 (down from 7 at one point). We go out waaay to much! Not only is it unhealthy but expensive. So I plan on blogging about different recipes I make this year. I will give props to where ever I find the recipes, whether it be a magazine or Pinterest or my mother-in-law. By the end of the year my goal is to lower our debt by $1000 a month, baring any unforeseen emergencies that could come up (medical, etc.) I don't know if I can pull this off but I am going to really put all I have into it. I am actually going to implement more of my Young Living Essential oils into my cooking, also. I have been afraid of using them but I am really going to put them to use.

So that I can remain completely open and honest, I will not be cooking tonight, We will be having leftovers. Oh, so many leftovers. I tend to over buy at the grocery store. Once again, going from a large family to just the 2 of us is hard!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment