Tuesday, January 5, 2016

1.4.2016 - Calzone

So...last night's meal was really so very easy! My Italian husband, loves Calzone! Needless to say, it can be expensive to order out and since I am on a quest to NOT eat out and save money I went looking for a recipe. I don't even know why I needed a recipe, it was so easy! I found the recipe on the Pillsbury website but didn't really do it the same way they did. I pretty much modified it for me.


Here Goes...

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.









All you need is a pizza crust, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and whatever you want in your Calzone. My Hubs prefers pepperoni and mushroom.
Basically roll out your pizza crust on a cookie sheet. I lined mine with foil to make clean-up easier. Put pizza sauce on half of the crust and add cheese and whatever other toppings you want to add. Fold over the crust on top of the sauce and toppings and pinch edges together.

Cook for 30-35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.

                                                    This is what it looks like out of the oven.








And a picture of the inside.






It was REALLY good! And the best part is, Hubs said he liked it and I should definitely make it again!
Success!!








No comments:

Post a Comment